Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some people have a lot of nerve!

So this post really isn't about the kiddos or me or Colin at all! But I wanted to vent! Sorry in advance!!!!
I have had 2 kiddos already as you all know but I swear I must have a huge target on me this pregnancy because everywhere I go someone has something to say or Fuss about to me. I am not a mean person but some times people just push the limits.
So today I could tell both my girls were getting cabin fever since we have been trying to stay inside with the raining the last couple days (OK only yesterday) and Madison's ears (yep double ear infections in BOTH ears and her tubes fell out like 4 days before this happened but that is a whole different story). Well Maddie had gymnastics this morning which is right by the mall so after gym we decide to go head to the mall. The girls have been wanting to get a new bear from Build a Bear (CUTE CUTE STORE). They have been great so I decide this is the perfect time. I pull in the parking lot and park almost all the way in the back since there is lots of people there due to lunch. Get the girls out, get the stroller out, load up and head inside. All was fine. Got the bears, had fun, you know the usual!!!
As we were leaving I was already a little annoyed because I cant walk very long with being a million months preggo :) So by the time I got to my car I was HOT and tired of walking. Need not mention the girls were cranky because it was a long walk. As I walk up to my car and stop I see this car behind me stop waiting for my spot. No big deal. I have 2 kids and a huge bag and a stroller to put up so I am sure she realizes it will be a second. First off I hate when people wait especially when just 2 spots down from me there was a lot of open spaces. But I tried to hurry my crying kids and buckle them in and get everything ready to go. Well, the lady not 2 seconds after I get to my car rolls her window down and tells me to "hurry your fat (butt) up, you know you see me waiting here" (I edited it since this is a blog for my kids and family!!) I was in SHOCK people to say the least. I laughed and turned around and said "Excuse me? Please tell me you are not talking to me like that, there is no need for any of that" so what does this crazy lady do?? SHE GETS OUT HER CAR! And tells me "what you think you are all high and mighty and people SHOULD be waiting on you" I was still in shock. WHAT?!?! I closed the girls door at this point even though neither was buckled up but I had no clue what she would do or say to me. So as she is walking up to me I tell her as nicely as I could although my blood was boiling at this point that she needed to turn around and leave or I was calling the cops. (Not sure why I didn't say something to her but I guess its because my mom always taught me to kill people with kindness but man at this point I REALLY wanted to punch her) I also informed her that there was a spot only 3 down from me and one on the other side. She starts saying F* u and calling me all these names and I am pretty sure she started speaking french because I didn't understand half of what she was calling me although I could tell it was not good :) And I also let her know that no I will not be rushing to give her this spot and put my kids in danger because of her being impatient. (I have yet to put the stroller up OR buckle them in by the way because of her) So she gets in her car and tells me to go ahead and call the cops and is still swearing at me but she does PEEL off and park her car. I do have to say I was a little nervous when she was walking up the lane since I was still at my car and I didn't want her to do anything to me or my kids or my car :) I finish putting everything in and buckling the girls up and sit in the drivers seat and I just started balling crying. I just did not understand why I am the one that ALWAYS has to deal with all these rude people. I mean seriously. It was like 30 feet away. And did I mention she had a little boy with her that was maybe 5 and he spit on the ground by my car?!?! I mean seriously what nerve. So I actually as I drove off from the mall today felt bad for her. Obviously something bad had happened to her but seriously there was no excuse as to why she needed to attack me like that. ARG! I am SO over all this :)
So I just wanted to share my adventure for the day! Sorry for the rant!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG heather that is crazy. You must have a HUGE target on your belly. I am so sorry that keeps happening to you. You need to get out of that city, and i thought people in BR were crazy :)

lindsay_2181 said...

Oh wow, that is NUTS! I would definitely have not been able to handle my temper in that case. I had some rude comments when I was preggo but not as bad as what you endured today, you poor thing! I would have prob put some nasty letter under her windshield wipers or something LOL!

Heather said...

HA! Katherine-yea trust me I have NEVER had that happen in BR :) And the worse thing is people are actually nicer here!! HAAHA!
Lindsay-yea I def have a knack for this, I think this is like the 3rd time something like this has happened to me in a parking lot. I mean seriously I am sooo not that slow! I just happen to run into really rude people. I know there are only a couple people like that here so I guess I have met them all :)

Stacey said...

Oh my God...you were not kidding when you said this woman was nuts-o were you? You know I have no idea what I would do. Part of me thinks I would have hauled off and gave her the good ole Stacey what for put the other half thinks no if I were pregnant and that had happened to me I would probably have done what you did or less because like you said fear for your own safety and that of your children. Some people are just plain crazy.

Amanda said...

OMG! How horrible! And she is raising that little boy to be just as rude and scary. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you didn't try to hurry at all. It was her choice to try to wait. I agree with Katherine about getting out of that city. Eric always says Lafayette is filled with loonies and criminals. (He reads the metro section way to much)

Michelle said...

Holy moly my jaw is on the floor in shock!!! What in the world is wrong with that woman???? LOVELY example she's teaching her son!!!! OBVIOUSLY since he spit as he walked by you guys! WOW, I don't even know what to say about her...that's just RIDICULOUS!!!!